Frequently Asked Questions
1. Application questions
1.1. What are the requirements to participate in the scholarship?
- You are studying at a Munich university in at least your third university semester and you have good to very good grades.
- You want to take on leadership responsibility, start your own business or act innovatively as an intrepreneur in companies.
- You like to take responsibility, act in a solution-oriented manner, think innovatively, and are interested in developing yourself personally and professionally.
- You think and act entrepreneurially in your everyday life and environment.
- You bring initial experience in interdisciplinary projects and teamwork and/or are already involved in entrepreneurial activities.
- You are willing to make a time commitment of 15 to 20 hours per week for the 18-month program (averaged over the entire year).
- You are based in Munich throughout and do not complete a full-time internship or similar in parallel to Manage and More (a break is possible).
1.2. What documents do I need for my application?
Personal questions (to be filled out in the application form, max. 750 characters each incl. spaces)
- Which station or experience has had a particular impact on you recently?
- What is particularly important to you for your (professional) future?
- What team conflict have you experienced recently and how did you deal with it?
Question about your motivation (to be filled in the application form, max. 2,000 characters incl. spaces)
- Help us to better understand your motivation for participating in Manage and More: What (learning) goals do you want to achieve with Manage and More? Why do you want to focus on Manage and More over 3 semesters and invest 15 to 20 hours of your time every week?
PDF document with the following documents in German or English:
- Tabular curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Certificates and confirmations (max. 12 pages, e.g. high school diploma, current grades, work/internship certificates)
1.3. How does the application process work?
The application starts in the winter semester 2022/23 and runs in two phases. In the first phase, you apply online until 4th December 2022 at 23:59 and receive an email notification before Christmas whether you will be invited to the pre-selection. In the second phase, the selection interviews will take place from 10th to 17th January. You will again receive a notification by email (before 20th January) whether you have been accepted as a scholarship recipient for the 39th Manage and More Generation.
1.4. How many students apply? How many are admitted to the program per generation?
On average, approximately 200 students apply to the Manage and More program per application round. About 20 scholars are admitted per generation (two generations per year).
1.5. When is the next application deadline?
The next application deadline is 04th December 2022 at 23:59.
1.6. Can I apply even if I am in my last semester (Bachelor's or Master's)?
Yes! We assume that you are enrolled at a Munich university at the time of your application and that you are not doing any full-time internships, full-time employment, or similar during your time in the scholarship. We still recommend being enrolled for the entire time, as we are a student-run program.
1.7. Can I apply again if my application was not successful?
Yes, you are welcome to reapply to Manage and More. It is best to include in each application how you have progressed since your last application and what you have learned since then.
1.8. Who can I contact if I have further questions?
We from the recruiting team are happy to help you! Just send us an email at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
2. Questions about the program
2.1. When does the program start?
The program starts in March 2023. The following dates are to be kept free for newly admitted scholarship holders:
- 1-2 March 2023: Kick-off (outside Munich with overnight stay)
- 6-11 March 2023 (including Sat, 11 March!): Kick-off events at UnternehmerTUM / Manage and More Business Design Bootcamp (full days, approx. 9-18 h)
- 13-17 March 2023: Kick-off events at UnternehmerTUM / Manage and More Business Design Bootcamp (full days, approx. 9-18 h)
- 22 March 2023: Manage and More semester start summer semester 2023 (full day, approx. 9-22 h)
- 24 March 2023: Kick-off event for the Business Design Deep Dive projects for summer semester 2023 (full day, approx. 9-18h)
- 27-31 March 2023: Start of the Manage and More projects, single days/slots during this period, afterwards continuous work in the Manage and More projects (15 to 20 hours per week)
2.2 Can I pause the program for a certain time?
Yes! In consultation with the program management, it is possible for notable exceptions to pause the program for an internship abroad or similar.
2.3 What is an internal project?
In addition to the innovation project, there is one internal project per semester, in which the scholarship holders work together on one area. The aim of this is to make the Manage and More program even better for future generations and to contribute to the further development of the scholarship.
2.4 What is the difference from other programs?
The Manage and More scholarship focuses not only on content-related know-how and methodological skills but also on your personal development through coaching, mentoring, and other workshops.
2.5 Who can I contact for further questions?
We from the recruiting team are happy to help you! Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will answer you as soon as possible.
3. General questions
3.1. Will I get a certificate after finishing the program?
Yes, you will receive a certificate which you can use for scholarships, internships, and all other applications.
3.2. What requirements must I meet to complete the Manage and More program successfully?
The program runs for 3 semesters. We expect a time commitment of about 15-20 hours per week. During this time, you should participate in all mandatory components and successfully complete the internal projects and innovation projects.
3.3. Is it possible to receive ECTS credits from Mange and More for my studies?
Yes, there are different crediting possibilities, but this depends on your respective study program. It is best to talk to your university faculty coordinator about this.
3.4. How much time do I have to spend on Mange and More?
We expect a time commitment of about 15-20 hours per week, working together with the other fellows.
3.5. Is it possible to work as a working student next to Mange and More?
Students are free to choose whether or not they want to take on a work-study job alongside the program. However, you cannot do a full-time internship or semester abroad alongside the program – you would have to pause the program.
3.6. Do I have to be in Munich for the program?
Yes, please. We expect total commitment from students, including availability in Munich in terms of time and location.
3.7. Do I have to go abroad?
No. You are not required to go abroad – however, we have many international collaborations that you can find on our website.
3.8. Where do I find further information?
3.9. Who can I contact for further questions?
We on the recruiting team are happy to help! Just send us an email at email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
You like what you have seen?
Click here to apply for the next MANAGE AND MORE generation: